The Pediatric Heart Transplant program at Children’s Hospital of Michigan is one of two designated UNOS certified programs in the state of Michigan, serving the metro-Detroit area and a larger part of the southeastern region of the state since 1998. The Heart Transplant service is supported by two transplant cardiologists, two cardiothoracic transplant surgeons, and an experienced transplant staff including a transplant nutritionist and transplant social worker.
Our transplant and VAD program are expanding with increased capability of bridging patients to transplant with a range of temporary and durable devices. Children’s Hospital of Michigan’s Cardiology and Heart Surgery programs are recognized among America’s best in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2021-2022 Best Children’s Hospitals rankings.
We are seeking a Cardiologist with Advanced Transplant fellowship training or a mid-career level experienced Transplant Cardiologist.
- Full-time, employed opportunity – Available Immediately
- Responsibilities include Heart Transplant/Heart Failure Cardiology clinic, inpatient transplant service, academic and administrative time, rounding, and outreach clinic
- Shared call of 1:3 (call runs one week at a time)
- CICU Critical Care staff to assist with inpatient
- Academic appointment through Central Michigan University School of Medicine
- Affiliation with Central Michigan University, Michigan State University, and Wayne State University School of Medicine for collaboration in teaching and research
- MD or DO degree required
- Board certification required
- Advanced fellowship training in Cardiac and Heart Failure or open to candidates with 5+ years of experience
- Ability to obtain a Michigan license
- An interest in teaching is highly preferred
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a copy of your current CV and contact information for immediate consideration.
All inquiries and personal information will remain confidential.
Senior Physician Sourcing Specialist
Phone/Text: 469-418-4590 (Central Time)