Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, Louisiana is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible THORACIC SURGEON to join its expanding general thoracic surgery practice. The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of experience, but new graduates are strongly encouraged to apply. Thoracoscopic/Laparoscopic training/experience is required. Robotics training and/or experience is preferred. The thoracic surgery practice is integrated in The Ochsner Cancer Institute located in the $63M expansion of the Gayle and Tom Benson Cancer Center as well as the new $50M Cancer Center in Covington, Louisiana.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE POSITION:
- Clinic-based position with dedicated OR time
- da Vinci Xi robot access
- Robotic bronchoscopy
- Collaborative team of Radiologists, Pathologists, Pulmonologists, Surgeons, Medical and Radiation Oncologists and nurse navigators to assist with the customized plan of care for each patient
- Multidisciplinary clinics across Ochsner Health System
- The only phase 1 clinical trials program in the Gulf South
- Integrated tumor board for lung cancer
- Growing lung cancer screening program
- APP support
- Weekly call rotation shared amongst physicians within the group (clinic and hospital consult)
- ACGME-accredited general surgery and cardiothoracic surgery fellowship programs
- 24/7 reliable hospitalists onsite
- Integrated practice model with strong, internal referral network
- Support available from specialists throughout the Ochsner Health System
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 1,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner is proud to be recognized among the top hospitals in the nation. Ochsner is the only hospital in Louisiana recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in three specialty categories and as well as receiving five star ratings for six conditions and/or procedures. Ochsner was also recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.