Call for applications
CHU Sainte Justine is a mother-and-child university hospital affiliated with Université de Montréal and equipped with more than 400 beds. It provides care and services to children, adolescents, and mothers.
The Department of Dental Medicine is looking for a department head to carry on the clinical and academic development of pediatric dentistry.
The department receives more than 6000 visits a year and offers a variety of specialized dental services including pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, and dental surgery. It serves a wide range of clients: people with systemic diseases (including a large cohort of cancer patients), physical disabilities, neurodevelopmental disorders, craniofacial malformations, facial trauma, etc. These services allow us to receive interns of various backgrounds in dentistry and related fields and to carry out many research projects.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Set strategic goals in collaboration with department members
- Coordinate the work of dental specialists
- Manage dental resources and ensure appropriate delivery of care in collaboration with network partners
- Establish co-management rules for the use of human and material resources to facilitate access to quality services, and ensure compliance with these rules
- Promote partnerships between CHUSJ and network sectors
- Support development projects in collaboration with MSSS to meet the needs of specific clients
- Foster academic development by encouraging research and pedagogical development through intern supervision
- Education in pediatric dentistry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in dental care and management experience in a hospital or university setting
- Interest in professional academic development and intern supervision
- Inspiring leadership skills and a passion for innovation
Term of office: 4 years
To view the full offer, please visit chusj.org/headdentalmedicine.
For more information or to submit your application, please contact Céline Lor at email@example.com.