I. Job Summary / Job Purpose (Safety-Sensitive Position)
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician, Licensed Practical Nurse - functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who contributes to the success of the practice by demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected patient populations and their families.
II. Key Responsibilities
* Performs basic nursing care to patients by following established standards and procedures.
* May perform specific nursing care as it relates to specialty of the practice.
* Collects patient data such as vital signs; notes how the patient looks and acts, or responds to stimuli, and reports this information accordingly.
* Prepares and administers injections, performs routine tests, treats wounds, and changes bandages.
* Prepares patient records and files using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
* Administers certain prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
* Participates in the implementation and evaluation of patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
* Monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
* Conveys information to patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
* Participates in teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
III. EngageMED Core Expectations
At EngageMED, we expect all our employees to live the values of Integrity, Innovation, Service, and Respect at work by:
* Honoring and caring for the dignity of all persons in mind, body, and spirit
* Ensuring the highest quality of care for those we serve
* Working together as a team to achieve our goals
* Improving continuously by listening, and asking for and responding to feedback
* Seeking new and better ways to meet the needs of those we serve
* Using our resources wisely
* Understanding how each of our roles contributes to the success of EngageMED.
IV. Core Job Competencies
Core EngageMED Behaviors: The following behaviors have been identified as critical to all staff roles at EngageMED:
* Teamwork Orientation: works cooperatively & collaboratively with others toward the accomplishment of shared goals.
* Service Orientation: desire to serve and focus one's efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of internal and external customers.
* Achieves Results: reflects a drive to achieve and outperform. Continuously looking for improvements. Accepts responsibility for actions and results.
* Learning and Growth: has a commitment to continuous professional and organizational learning
* Communication: practices attentive and active listening and can restate opinions of others; communicates messages in a way that has the desired effect.
Role-Specific Behaviors: these additional behaviors are necessary in the role:
* Knowledge of basic nursing processes, and understanding of health care technology, equipment, and supplies. Familiarity with state law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies and procedures.
* Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
* Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
* Maintain a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
* Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Skills, Knowledge or Abilities critical to this role:
* Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to common inquiries or complaints from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Computer Skills: Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, Internet navigation, database management, desktop publishing, spreadsheet, and graphic presentation packages.
V. Job Requirements / Qualifications
a. Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
* Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing program required.
* Current/valid Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse from the state licensing board required OR Registered Medical Assistant Certification
* Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
* Must have additional specialty certifications (if applicable).
b. Experience (required and preferred):
* 1 year experience in a clinic or acute hospital nursing setting required.
* 0 - 1 year Specialty clinic experience preferred.
* This job description reflects EngageMED's assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
* Critical features of this job are listed above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.