Nurse Manager - Unit 15 Medical Progressive Care/Cystic Fibrosis
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Nurse Manager is accountable for the overall operations of the unit. Is responsible on a continual basis for the quality of patient care, customer (external and internal) service, and cost-efficient operation of the unit.
Supports the Hospital mission and strategic plan, budgeting and resource allocation, organizational policy and overall management plan of the Department of Nursing.
Unit 15 Medical Telemetry/Adult Cystic Fibrosis
This medical-surgical inpatient unit sees a variety of diagnoses, but we specialize in the care of adult patients with Cystic Fibrosis. The majority of our patients are in need of antibiotic therapy, respiratory management, pain management, and the organization of home health services after discharge.
* Assists with hiring, education and performance evaluation of the staff.
* Works with the Nurse Manager and Human Resources in performance management counseling and discipline of staff.
* Collaborates with the Nurse Manager, Director and Physician leadership to establish patient care standards and evaluates staff compliance.
* Serves as a mentor for excellence in clinical practice and patient and employee satisfaction.
* Creates and maintains a supportive work environment for the entire team.
* Creates and maintains an atmosphere of respect and courtesy toward patients, staff and colleagues.
* Maintains a safe and caring environment for patients' that is conducive to positive health teaching and maintenance, meeting patient and family expectations for care while implementing mechanisms to ensure culturally specific care.
* Responds to patient and family concerns or complaints with sensitivity and compassion in a timely fashion.
* Maintains clinical relevance, demonstrating self-development by keeping current on a variety of clinical, management and health care topics.
* Maintains current knowledge of and ensures compliance with all regulatory and professional standards of care which includes JCAHO, CMS, IHI, CAP, etc., instructing staff and ensuring compliance with standards through daily on-going monitoring and performance management.
* Makes recommendations and provides opportunities for growth and development of personnel and arranges for appropriate education and training of staff.
* Operational Performance
* Develops, prepares and monitors the personnel staffing schedules short and long-term, supply and equipment budgets in collaboration with the staff and support department directors, to include applicable quality and throughput metrics.
* Promotes a level of professionalism on the unit, both in culture and appearance.
* Motivates academic pursuit and continuing education on the part of the staff by establishing and meeting service based certification goals.
* Uses findings from patient and staff satisfaction surveys and complaints to plan and improve patient care using active mentoring and performance management strategies.
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
* Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing required
* Registered Nurse in State of Kansas required
* BLS Certification
* Professional Nursing Certification preferred
* Minimum of 2 years of management experience preferred
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.