Provides direct patient care based on individual need according to hospital policies, procedures and protocols, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and within the scope of practice of the Certified Nursing Assistant after initial orientation and completion of a skills checklist.
* High school diploma.
* Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant and CNA2 programs.
* Current Oregon Certified Nursing Assistant 2 Certification.
* Obtain BLS certification within 3 months of hire.
* NRP certification preferred but not required.
Essential Job Functions
* Completes all documentation within departmental requirements and timelines.
* Assumes responsibility for own clinical competence and development.
* Participates in the responsible management of all healthcare resources.
* Participates as a contributory member of the interdisciplinary team
* Provides direct personal patient care under the supervision of the registered nurse within the scope of practice of the Certified Nursing Assistant.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Demonstrate sound judgment, patience and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
* Ability to work in a busy and stressful environment
* Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
* Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
* Creativity, problem analysis and decision making
WVMC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have any Special need or seek accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process, please contact us at (503) 472-6131
* High School or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
* Certified Nursing Asst II
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)