The Our Lady of the Lake Registered Radiology Technologist performs radiologic exams and procedures. Provides patient privacy and confidentiality. Ensures patient care is performed in an efficient manner, meeting standards consistent with infection control policies and OLOLRMC Standards for Service Excellence. Responsible for the safe operation of radiologic equipment utilized in patient care and maintains current knowledge of the operation of any equipment used.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS Education
- Uses consistent and appropriate techniques to gather relevant information from the medical records, significant others and health care providers. Examine radiographic requisition to verify accuracy by confirming the procedure requested or prescribed with the doctor's written orders and completeness of information (e.g. patient history, clinical diagnosis, special instructions/comments.) Confirms patient identity. Gathers information pertinent to determining appropriate type and dosage of contrast agent to be administered to patient and evaluates risk of adverse reaction. Provides pre and post procedural explanation and instruction to patient and/or patient's family. Provides patient privacy and confidentiality. Practices standard precautions and follows appropriate procedures when in contact with patient in isolation. Documents required information in appropriate record
- Ensures all work areas and equipment are clean, disinfected and presentable. Disposes of contaminated items in exam room preparation. Responsible for efficient and accurate use of Radiology Information System. and Picture Archival and communication system (PACS)
- Radiation Protection: Observes and adheres to federal and state radiation safety guidelines and departmental and hospital policies and procedures pertinent to area of responsibility. Takes appropriate precautions to minimize radiation exposure to patient, as well as, to his or herself. Wears a personnel monitoring device while on duty (ALARA). Image Production: Selects equipment and accessories equipment for requested examinations, as well as, immobility devices for optimal image production. Evaluates radiographic images for diagnostic quality (positioning) and correct images, as well as, processes exposed images.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Performs duties of Radiology Transporter when necessary
Graduate of Vocational/Specialized Training that included 2 years of clinical training in an AMA approved program Licensure
American Registry Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) and current Louisiana Registered Radiologic license (LSRT) New Graduates
- Must have current Louisiana Registered Radiologic license (LSRT) and be Registry Eligible for ARRT Certification
American Heart BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification