Job Description Summary
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
1. Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act.
2. Implements current nursing practice following a comprehensive assessment and the plan of care.
3. Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
4. Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self plan of care.
5. Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group. Examples include hospice aide, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietitian or Clinical Supervisor/Nursing Supervisor.
6. Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
7. Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient's response to treatments/medications.
8. Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.