- Promotes high standards of practice through development and enforcement of policies, regulations, protocols and practice guidelines, expecting Site Directors to communicate and implement at site level.
- Strategizes all aspects of dermatology clinic and resident service delivery and schedules, focusing on ongoing ACGME guidelines, requirements and surveys
- Ensures faculty precepting coverage working with the Divisional Leadership and A.C.N. leadership
- Responds to escalating patient issues, and responds to any clinical grievances or questions
- Provides guidance to providers, trainees and program directors in the implementation of policies, services, quality initiatives, and education
- Review, implement ongoing accreditation and regulatory policies and procedures (ie Joint Commission) protocols regarding patient care, preparing for survey readiness with regular reviews.
- Works as a leader with Divisional Leadership to identify and drive operational initiatives derived from NYP’s strategic plan and Divisional Goals
- Reports to the ACMO for the A.C.N. and to the Director/Division Chief of their selective discipline, attending regular meetings.
Interested candidates should apply online at: www.columbia.edu, under Employment, Recruitment of Academic and Personnel Systems (RAPS) or email your curriculum vitae, along with names and addresses of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Faramarz H. Samie, MD, PhD
Vice Chair, Clinical Affairs
Department of Dermatology
Columbia University Medical Center
161 Fort Washington Avenue, 12th Floor
New York, New York 10032