General Obstetrics - Gynecology
The Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital (PSFDH) is an 85 bed acute care community hospital operating on two sites serving a regional population of 66,000. Speciality catchment area of over 80,000. The hospital is a fully accredited hospital with exemplary status that delivers a broad range of primary and secondary services including; anaesthesia, general surgery, urology, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, ophthalmology, internal medicine, emergency care, ambulatory care, diagnostic imaging (CT) and physiatry.
The communities of Perth and Smiths Falls are located approximately one hour from Ottawa and Kingston, along the Rideau Canal and the Rideau Lakes System. The perfect place to practise and play!
- You will be one of three full time Obstetrician-Gynecologists (1 in 3 weekly call).
- Community based, busy general obstetrical and gynecological practice.
- Level 1, low risk, 4 bed obstetrical unit with >250 deliveries annually.
- 24/7 Anesthesia and newborn care coverage.
- Minimally invasive approach gynecological surgeries (laparoscopy / hysteroscopy).
- Abdominal and vaginal surgeries.
- Minimum 1 OR day/ month.
- 1 in 3 full day OB clinic (Mondays) & 1 in 3 half day OB clinic (Fridays).
- 1 in 3 half day Colposcopy clinic (Fridays).
- Opportunity for academic affiliation with Queen’s University, Kingston or University of Ottawa and potential for alternate funding plan (AFP) with Kingston Health Science Center.
- Independent Registration with College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Certification in Obstetrics-Gynecology (FRCSC) by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Commitment to relocate within 30 minutes of the Smiths Falls site of PSFDH.
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and CV to:
Dr. Cecilia Kerner firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief of Obstetrics-Gynecology, Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital