Pre-Admissions Licensed Vocational Nurse needed for Ambulatory Surgery Center
Location: Laguna Hills, CA
Great schedule: Monday- Friday
Hours: Full-time 0830-1700 daily
Hourly Pay $28.00- $32.00 DOE
The Preadmission LVN screens each patient prior to surgery as acceptable candidates for ambulatory surgery. The Preadmissions nurse works closely with the physicians, physician offices, Nurse Managers and patients ensuring the patient is prepared for Admission on the day of surgery. The Preadmissions nurse will assist in PreOp and PACU as needed. The Preadmissions Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes through implementation of critical pathways and in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the facility.
• Responsible for obtaining, organizing, assessing and coordinating each patient' s preoperative documentation and diagnostic testing prior to the patient' s surgery.
• Ability to correlate clinical data with patient' s medical and nursing care.
• Ability to set priorities, managing time efficiently.
• Possess attention to detail with the ability to problem solve patient issues when they arise.
• Ability to communicate well and clearly with patients, families, members of the healthcare team, physicians, physician offices and nurse managers.
• Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
High School diploma required
LVN license required
Excellent Computer skills required