The Yale School of Medicine is seeking an outstanding candidate to serve as the next Chief of NeonatalPerinatal Medicine. This is a wonderful opportunity to lead a program with a proud history, dating to the first intensive care unit in the nation for premature and full-term newborns in 1960. Today, the faculty in this division includes leaders recognized on a national and international level for their contributions to the field of neonatology and pediatrics, and the two leading journals in the field of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine are both edited by Yale neonatologists. We are seeking a visionary leader who will leverage and enhance existing strengths in the clinical, research, and education domains, taking this section to even greater heights.
- Associate or full professor ranking; an outstanding track record of clinical excellence, research, and/or mentoring in neonatal/perinatal medicine
- Lead a section with 32 faculty members who provide state-of-the-art neonatology services across five NICUs across southern and central Connecticut
- Flagship unit is located at the award-winning Yale-New Haven Children’s Hospital, and is a newly built
68-bed Level IV NICU, the largest in the state, and includes mostly single rooms, a dedicated operating room, MRI, a milk room, pharmacy, and a simulation center, all right on the unit
- Yale Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine has a robust and diverse research program with a strong national reputation for expertise in areas such as growth and nutrition in preterm newborns, infections in the neonate, hematologic disorders, immunology of the developing infant, genetics, long-term sequelae of critical newborn care, bioethics, pedagogy for medical trainees and professionals, quality improvement, and medical informatics, to name a few
Located alongside the Long Island Sound in a beautiful Connecticut town, our charming community offers a remarkable quality of life for all of its residents.
- Four distinct seasons and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, including swimming, sailing, skating, hiking, biking, and golfing
- Excellent public and private schools as well as local colleges and universities
- Convenient access to New York City, Boston, and Providence
- Ranked #15 by Niche in “Most Diverse Cities in America”
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Jay Torio at email@example.com or at 866-406-0269 and reference NEO-143099