Director of Geriatrics Division
Preparing for a Career Break
Merritt Hawkins has partnered with East Carolina University Department of Family Medicine | Brody School of Medicine to conduct a nationwide search for a new Director of Geriatric Medicine.
We seek an innovative leader for this historic and dynamic Geriatrics Division. This position is available to board certified Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physicians with an additional certificate of added qualifications in Geriatrics. Tenure-track or fixed-term appointment is available to Associate and Professor Level. Assistant Professor considered based upon experience.
The Geriatric Director is responsible for the leadership of the geriatric division as well as management of faculty, staff, and fellows. Leadership opportunities exist for management and growth of the geriatric fellowship, teaching nursing home projects, residency/fellowship curriculum development, management, and growth of the state-of-the-art Monk Geriatric Center, grant projects, and collaborative research opportunities.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties in Eastern North Carolina.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
- Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
- ECU's nationally recognized arts, theater, and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
- Low cost of living, affordable housing, and excellent choice of schools
- Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
- Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball, and baseball teams
- Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
- 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
- Numerous challenging private and public golf courses
Please contact David King at email@example.com or at (855)-824-6680
and reference GER-56968