Physician - Inpatient Psychiatry (St. Joseph's)
Preparing for a Career Break
Physician - Inpatient Psychiatry (St. Joseph's)
St. Joseph's Hospital
As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking a BC/BE Psychiatrist to join our Inpatient practice at the St. Joseph's Hospital in St. Paul, MN.
In this role, the Psychiatrist's primary appointment will be split between providing coverage on the young adult unit and the general adult inpatient unit. This is a collaborative practice with a team of psychiatrists and Psychiatrist Nurse Practitioner's.
Enjoy practicing in an excellent team environment and receive great ancillary and administrative support.
• Join a collaborative team of Psychiatrists and Nurse Practitioners
• Patients are seen by dedicated medicine hospitalists and other specialists.
• Call: Weekend call is approx. 8 weekends/year. Weeknight call 15-20 days/year.
• Average daily census is 12 beds.
• Openings: Full time, 1.0 FTE
• We have a fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
• Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
• Graduate of an accredited ACGME psychiatry residency training program.
• Board eligible/certified with the ABMS.
• Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
• Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota.
• Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
• Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
• Detail oriented and self-motivated.
• Education focused and a creative problem-solver.
The M Health Fairview system is one of the largest providers of behavioral health services in the Upper Midwest. We offer a wide range of adult and child/adolescent services that includes: inpatient, behavioral emergency center, partial hospitalization, outpatient clinics, counseling centers, chemical dependency programs, and day treatment programs. In addition, our psychiatrists have access to consultation, collaborative management or referral with University of Minnesota Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Physicians and Behavioral Healthcare Providers.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota Physicians is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, ranked as the #6 best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. For more information about the vibrant culture, community, and recreation that Minneapolis-St. Paul has to offer, please click on the links below.
Greater Minneapolis - St. Paul Metropolitan Area
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
Posted 2 Days Ago
For more than two decades, University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) has been the multi-specialty group practice for the University of Minnesota Medical School faculty. We serve the land grant mission of the University by providing high quality, innovative and leading-edge care to patients across the state of Minnesota and beyond.
We have world-leading experts in a broad range of specialties and primary care, are committed to the discovery of cures and treatments and provide patients access to the latest evidence-based care. University of Minnesota Physicians owns and operates specialty and family medicine clinics, employs more than 1,200 physicians and 2,400 providers and staff, and contributes a significant portion of operating revenue to support the University of Minnesota Medical School's research and education priorities.
To apply to a position, click "Apply" and sign in with your account. If you are a new applicant with University of Minnesota Physicians, please select "Create Account".
- Nurse Practitioner - Inpatient Psychiatry (St. Joseph's Hospital)
- Physician - Outpatient Psychiatry
- Physician - Psychiatry (Outpatient)
- Physician - Psychiatrist (Outpatient/IOP/PHP)
- Psychiatrist (Outpatient - Addiction) - .50 FTE