Saskatchewan Health Authority – North East Area, seeks full-time or Locum Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists. The successful candidate will possess a strong team approach and join a collegial group practice of Psychiatrists who enjoy a broad scope of practice including outpatients, acute care and shared call responsibilities.
The University of Saskatchewan, College of Medicine, has a province-wide model of distributed medical education designed to foster a province-wide College. The College has a well-resourced framework across the continuum that results in quality community partnerships, successful and comparable students across all sites, elevated community health, and better graduate retention in communities. Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists are involved in the teacher of medical learners in Regina, Prince Albert and Saskatoon.
We offer a very attractive Return in Service package which totals $140,000.00. Please contact below for more information.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Royal College certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Must hold certification or be eligible for certification in Psychiatry from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada www.royalcollege.ca
- Must be eligible for provisional or regular licensure from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CPSS) www.cps.sk.ca
- Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) is required www.cmpaacpm.ca
- Applicants must have successfully achieved their English Language Proficiency (IELTS) and the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Exam (MCCEE) as requirements for licensure with the CPSS
- In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required to become a member of Practitioner Staff and provide care in Saskatchewan Health Authority facilities.
The Saskatchewan Health Authority is the largest organization in Saskatchewan, employing over 44,000 employees and physicians responsible for the delivery of high quality and timely health care for the entire province. We are driven by the commitment to improve front line patient care for Saskatchewan people, and we are working together to better coordinate health services across the province to ensure that patients receive high quality, timely health care, wherever they live in Saskatchewan.
Please follow these links to learn more about the province of Saskatchewan and the city of Prince Albert: https://www.tourismsaskatchewan.com/; www.princealberttourism.com
To Apply – Saskatchewan Health Authority supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and inclusive of all staff and clients and welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae in confidence as follows: Karin.Ferris@saskhealthauthority.ca