Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
The Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine seeks additional full-time clinical faculty. Opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Mid-level general thoracic surgeon for UPMC Hamot, a 423-bed hospital in Erie, PA, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services, and serves as a regional referral hub and Level II Trauma Center.
- Early career general thoracic surgeons to join mature practices at other UPMC locations. These desirable positions provide a mentored environment for rising Junior Faculty to develop as part of a highly experienced and dedicated team of thoracic surgeons
- Fellowship training opportunities available in:
- General thoracic and foregut surgery
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Lung transplantation/Lung failure
The fellowship year may be tailored to the candidate’s needs.
Instructor, Assistant Professor or Associate Professor positions in tenure or non-tenure tracks are available at the University of Pittsburgh with rank and salary commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
Positions are open to all applicants who hold doctoral level education (MD, DO) and meet the minimum position credentials. Applicants for clinical positions must be board certified or board eligible and qualified for medical licensure in Pennsylvania. Positions are available until filled.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application and curriculum vitae to:
James D. Luketich, MD
Chairman, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
200 Lothrop Street, C-800
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity, EOE, including disability/vets