In-house Senior Editor Do you enjoy using science to drive change in the world? Would you like to work on the leading independent clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology journal? About our Team
The Lancet Gastroenterology & Hepatology is part of The Lancet’s family of world-renowned medical journals committed to publishing the best science for better lives. We are an international team, handling high-quality research, reviews, and commentaries to drive thought leadership across all aspects of gastroenterology and hepatology. We build solid relationships with research communities to ensure we offer exciting, interesting, and thought-provoking content.
About the Role
As an in-house Senior Editor, you will oversee the creation and publication of original material for our online and print journal. You will take ownership of overseeing submissions and performing quality peer review to ensure we publish high-quality content. You will build global relationships with experts in the community to disseminate and discuss practice-changing results from the field.
- Managing peer review of high-quality research papers, and commissioning authors to ensure the successful production of new and engaging articles
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our global gastroenterology and hepatology communities to attract high-quality research for the journal
- Attending conferences and events to represent the journal, keeping up to date with current developments in gastroenterology and hepatology, and identifying potential topics of interest
- Managing the In Focus section of the journal, which published thought provoking essays and features on global health issues.
- Writing editorials and other content for the journal as required.
- Helping develop new initiatives for future development of the journal
- A Medical Degree in a relevant discipline or a PhD in a related subject field with postdoctoral research experience
- Extensive editorial experience
- Be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of biological and medical sciences, and broader social issues pertaining to gastroenterology and hepatology
- The ability to engage, influence and build relationships with external stakeholders, including medical and research professionals, a range of internal teams, and members of the media
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work efficiently to demanding press deadlines
- Excellent command of the English language and the ability to write in an engaging and interesting manner
- Proficient with IT systems including MS Office
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave, and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet both your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative, and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
- Health screening, eye care vouchers and private medical benefits
- Wellbeing programs
- Life assurance
- Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Save As You Earn share option scheme
- Travel Season ticket loan
- Maternity, paternity and shared parental leave
- Access to emergency care for both the elderly and children
- RECARES days, giving you time to support the charities and causes that matter to you
- Access to employee resource groups with dedicated time to volunteer
- Access to extensive learning and development resources
- Access to employee discounts via Perks at Work
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.