The Stratton VA Medical Center, part of the New York/New Jersey Healthcare System, is seeking innovative and organized Pulmonary/Critical Care candidates for our Staff and Section Chief vacancies. The Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep Section is a pillar of the institution and boasts a strong clinical and teaching reputation in the region. We are looking for physician candidates interested in personal growth and career development in our mission arms of excellent care, superior teaching and cutting-edge research. Applicants must be board certified in Internal Medicine, with subspecialty certification in Pulmonary Disease. Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine boards are desirable. The position involves inpatient and outpatient Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine. The candidate will have educational responsibilities for Pulmonary/Critical Care fellows, Internal Medicine residents and medical students. Applicants must possess a full and unrestricted license in any state and must qualify for an academic appointment at The Albany Medical College of Union University.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Attending responsibilities for the Medical ICU team (Medical Residents);
- Critical Care consultation in Surgical ICU (with Medical Residents and Critical Care Fellow);
- Teaching and mentoring medical students, residents, and Fellows;
- Inpatient consultations for Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine;
- Must be eligible for an academic appointment with the Albany Medical College of Union University;
- Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and subspecialty certification in Pulmonary Disease is preferred and HIGHLY desirable.
- 26 Days of Annual Leave
- 13 Days of Sick Leave
- 10 Federal Holidays
- Federal Employee Retirement System – Pension
- Thrift Savings Plan (401k) with 5% agency match
- Guaranteed pay (step) increases
- Annual Performance Pay up to 7.5% of your pay or $15,000
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- CME reimbursement up to $1000
- Health/Vision/Life Insurance
Albany is a vibrant city, rich with art, culture, and entertainment. Cheer on the Siena Saints basketball team at the Times Union Center, or witness the building of an “Empire” with our very our Arena Football Team. Take yourself to the ballgame by traveling over the Hudson River to watch the Tri-City ValleyCats baseball, or head out to left field (west of Albany) and visit the Cooperstown National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. Albany offers great staff, family oriented environment, and close proximity to excellent secondary schools and colleges such as Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Russell Sage, Saint Rose, Sienna, and SUNY Albany!
Candidates may submit their applications to the links below, or by emailing Taylor.email@example.com
Staff Physician: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501155300
Section Chief: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501433200