Advanced Heart Failure & Cardiac Transplant Physician Opportunity
Methodist Healthcare, the largest provider of cardiovascular services in South Texas, is recruiting an Advanced Heart Failure/Cardiac Transplant Cardiologist. This is a great opportunity to work with our advanced heart failure team, with the fastest growing program in Texas, and support continued growth of our heart transplant program.
Position Highlights & Requirements:
- Position will care for heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, pre- and post-transplant and VAD patients, all forms of both percutaneous and surgically placed mechanical circulatory support, to include percutaneously and surgically-cannulated ECMO patients
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Cardiology in Advanced Heart Failure/Cardiac Transplant
- Minimum Two (2) years post fellowship experience
- Certified in cardiac catheterization, endocardial biopsy, and echocardiography, preferably TEE certified
- Eligible for licensure in Texas, J1 and H1B cap-exempt visa not supported
- Robust compensation and benefits package provided!
Comprehensive Recruitment Package Includes:
- Sign-on bonus
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefit package that includes health and dental coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- Paid Malpractice
About Methodist Healthcare Heart Transplant Program:
- Methodist Heart Hospital consistently performs more open heart surgeries than any other hospital in San Antonio, making it the busiest program in the region
- The Heart Transplant Program at Methodist Heart Hospital is certified by both Medicare and Medicaid.
- The program has been in continuous existence since 1984, and is the only VAD and only transplant program in the city of San Antonio, a city of 1.5 million people, and the nation’s 7th most populous.
- The program includes a comprehensive advanced heart failure, ventricular assist device, and pulmonary hypertension disease management clinic.
- As the region’s first Destination Therapy LVAD center, the program has over 60 VAD’s in the community, with extensive experience in hybrid procedures and in myocardial recovery techniques, helping patients’ hearts heal so they no longer need a transplant.
- The program is the only Medicare and Joint Commission approved center in the region for patients needing long-term cardiac assist device therapy, and its’ physicians hold academic appointments and are involved in extensive teaching of physicians, advanced practice professionals (nurse practitioners and physicians assistants), pharmacy residents, and participate in and offer patients involvement in multicenter and investigator-initiated research trials in novel heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, and ventricular assist device therapies.
San Antonio is home to 2.5 million people and is experiencing solid economic growth in industries such as bioscience and healthcare, aerospace, IT and cybersecurity and green technologies. San Antonio's MSA is expected to add up to 1.1 million new residents and 500,000 new jobs by 2040. This growing city offers big-city amenities and world-renowned attractions coupled with a relaxed and inviting atmosphere for all ages. San Antonio residents also enjoy a cost of living slightly below the national average due to lower housing costs, as well as no state income tax.
Apply for Advanced Heart Failure & Cardiac Transplant Physician Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly