Surgeon-In-Chief and Division Director of Pediatric Surgery
Surgeon-In-Chief and Division Director of Pediatric Surgery
Baylor Scott and White McLane Children’s Medical Center
Baylor Scott and White McLane Children’s Medical Center is seeking an experienced Surgeon-In-Chief and Division Director of Pediatric Surgery for our Level II pediatric trauma center in the fast growing central Texas region of Temple, TX. Candidates must be board certified, with surgical leadership capabilities.
- Candidates must have administrative and leadership experience, with a focus to help build and expand upon a strong, full service, pediatric surgical service.
- 8 – 10 years of pediatric surgery and leadership experience required.
- Position will assist with strategic leadership and collaboration in Pediatric Surgical Specialty Services, including all subspecialties: Anesthesiology; General Pediatric Surgery; Neurosurgery; Orthopedics; Otolaryngology; Podiatry; Cleft-Craniofacial Services; Gynecology; Ophthalmology; Orthopedic Surgery; Plastic Surgery; and Urology.
- Aggressive growth of the pediatric surgical services to be supported by the President, McLane Children’s Medical Center, and Department of Surgery Chair, Baylor Scott and White Medical Center, Temple.
- Outreach program has been established with the infrastructure in place to support strategic growth and expansion.
- Improve and maintain quality, patient safety, and OR efficiency metrics.
- Physician/Surgeon liaison and leader to Pediatric Perioperative Services.
- Surgeon liaison and champion for patient safety initiatives.
- Liaison for physician communication and readiness for regulatory requirements in the operating room setting.
- Increase market share and expand geographic influence of pediatric surgical subspecialty services at McLane Children’s Medical Center.
The position will have dual reporting structure and strong support from both the Chair of the Department of Surgery and Chief Medical Officer of McLane Children’s Medical Center.
Baylor Scott and White also has a generous benefits package for clinical physicians. This will provide a number of other components which add a considerable value to the total compensation, among them:
- Malpractice coverage
- Life, AD&D, disability and long term care insurance contributions
- Medical and dental contributions
- Annual retirement contribution
- Paid vacation and administrative (“CME”) leave
- Relocation allowance
- Academic funds (dues, fees, travel) provided pursuant to departmental and institutional CME fund policies
We are actively involved in medical student and resident education. Academic appointment at the level of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor through Texas A&M College of Medicine will be determined by experience and qualifications.
About Baylor Scott and White Health McLane Children’s Medical Center:
Baylor Scott and White McLane Children’s Medical Center has the only academic and integrated pediatric surgery specialty program in Central Texas. McLane Children’s hospital, which opened in the fall of 2011, features five (5) state-of-the-art pediatric operating suites; three (3) special procedure suites; and 105-hospital beds designed just for children. We are the only Level II pediatric trauma center within a 30,000 square mile radius, and the only designated Level IV Neonatal facility in the region.
The Baylor Scott and White McLane Children’s Transport Program has a designated ground and air ambulance to transport critically ill or injured children, and our team of specialists are available 24-hours a day to respond to the most critical situations. Baylor Scott and White McLane Children’s Medical Center also offers life-saving ECMO support to the most critical patients.
- MD/DO degree
- Pediatric Surgery Fellowship training
- Board Certification in Pediatric Surgery by the American Board of Surgery
- Texas Medical License
- Experience in surgical care of pediatric patients, in general and all subspecialties
- 8 to 10 years of Leadership experience
About Temple, TX
Maintaining the title of being the demographic center of Texas, within three hours of Dallas, Houston and San Antonio and only one hour from Austin, Temple offers the conveniences of a big city with the atmosphere of a small town. Situated on two of the most beautiful lakes in the Texas Hill Country, Temple provides its residents with a growing and vibrant economy, affordable homes and an outstanding public and private school system.
The Temple community offers a lot of outdoor recreation, such as hiking, cycling, boating, fishing and golfing. As of 2016 the city has a population of 73,600 according to a US census estimate. Located near the county seat of Belton, Temple lies in the region referred to as Central Texas and is a principal city in the Killeen–Temple–Fort Hood Metropolitan Statistical Area. The metro region has a population of 450,051.
About Baylor Scott and White Health System - Central Texas
Baylor Health Care System, based in Dallas, and Scott and White Healthcare, based in Temple, Texas, have formed a new organization that combines the strengths of their two nationally recognized health systems. For an industry undergoing fundamental changes, Baylor Scott and White Health provides a new vision and more resources, offering patients continued exceptional care. Baylor Scott and White Health includes 49 hospitals, more than 900 patient care access sites, more than 6,000 affiliated physicians, 40,000 plus employees and the Scott and White health plan.
Please direct all inquiries, applications, and referrals to:
Harry T. Papaconstantinou, MD
Professor and Chairman, Department of Surgery
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple, Texas
Teresa Washington, SHRM-CP, Physician Recruiter
Email - Teresa.Washington1@BSWHealth.org
Apply for Surgeon-In-Chief and Division Director of Pediatric Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly