WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Specialty Physicians of Illinois, LLC is seeking a Board-Certified Internal Medicine physician to join the faculty leadership team for the Internal Medicine Residency Program and provide oversight for residents at our Outpatient Ambulatory Clinic.
WHAT WE NEED:
Ideal candidate must have experience in teaching medical students, residents or fellows. Candidate will display exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, experience in scholarship (discovery, innovation or education), strong organizational management proficiency and trainee oversight competencies, knowledge of the clinical learning environment and micro-teaching skills, and familiarity with curriculum development and implementation.
Physician is jointly responsible for the continued success of the Internal Medicine Residency Program and will work in conjunction with the Program Director and other Faculty.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, variable
- Physician will serve as backup call to residents
- Half time program administrative oversight, including resident coaching and support activities, scholarship, curriculum development, support of the clinical learning environment and clinic faculty schedule, and faculty development
- Half time Outpatient Clinic teaching and supervision of trainee longitudinal clinical care activities
- Supervision of up to 4 residents per clinic session in the provision of patient care
- Teaching residents on relevant disease states, ensuring knowledge of pathophysiology, diagnosis, treatment, cure, risk mitigation and prevention
- Evaluation and feedback of the residents
- Attendance at program meetings including conferences, journal clubs and case presentations
- Support an environment of scholarly activity through the support of resident participation in innovation, investigation, discovery, process improvement and related activities
- Curriculum and policy review and development
- Supervision and teaching of ambulatory outpatient procedures required for residents to care for patients and successfully qualify for the ABIM certifying exam
- Option to participate in a part-time faculty outpatient practice
WHO WE ARE:
Specialty Physicians of Illinois, LLC has assembled an unmatched team of accomplished physicians to provide comprehensive healthcare services to patients of all ages across a broad spectrum of specialties and disciplines. The south and southwest suburbs now has a physician group comprised entirely of doctors that have developed experience and expertise in specific specialties.
In addition to developing clinical expertise in their specialties, Specialty Physicians of Illinois, LLC doctors strongly embrace the philosophy that comfort, compassion and patient satisfaction are key elements of quality care. So, we take our time. We listen. We counsel. We personally attend to our patients through the entirety of their care.
The Franciscan Health Internal Medicine Residency Program is a well-established ACGME accredited three-year program in the South Suburbs of Chicago with 52 residents. Our mission is to develop Residents into compassionate, empathetic, astute and holistic practitioners. The program fosters an environment that promotes intellectual, emotional and physical growth. We recognize the importance of lifelong learning and strive to respond to all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds’ healthcare needs and disparities.
We incorporate the long-held Osteopathic traditions to deliver the utmost comprehensive care through the diversity of our experiences. Our program is designed to provide inpatient exposure in collaboration with sub-specialty training interwoven with a broad outpatient experience to become proficient internists or Subspecialists.
Experienced providers who share our mission of quality, compassionate care and outstanding customer service are encouraged to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Specialty Physicians of Illinois, LLC we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous start-up and retention bonuses; relocation allowance
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at email@example.com or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Olympia Fields is a suburb of Chicago without the hustle and bustle of living downtown. It offers an affordable cost of living with excellent school options including private and public schools.
Park your car and ride the Olympia Fields Metra into downtown Chicago or neighboring cities
Diverse employment base with good commercially-insured base of employees
Outdoors Activities available:
- Olympia Fields Park District – 150 acres of park land offering wellness, fitness, sports, arts, and dance programs.
- Iron Oaks Environmental Center – 40-acre nature preserve offering cross country skiing, trails, ponds, gardens, and more.
- Performing Arts Center, Theatres, and the Illinois Philharmonic Orchestra