Medical Physicist-Radiology Physics Position Summary
At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH Medical Physicist is a valuable member of our team, who provides clinical services to our patient population. The overall responsibility of this position is to provide physics support to the hospital. This support is concentrated in clinical services, consultation, research, and teaching. Provide physics services as mandated by regulatory agencies including the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Health Care Organizations, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Food and Drug Administration, and State Radiation Control agencies.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a Medical Physicist may include the following but are not limited to:
• Ensure that special projects (i.e., patient exposure evaluations, shielding designs, shielding evaluations) are preformed accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Conduct all periodic QC as assigned by the Chief of Clinical Medical Physics.
• Ensure that a preliminary report of required action is filed with appropriate service organizations and the Chief Medical Physicist in a timely fashion following QA assessment.
• Reviews corrective action taken by service and, after satisfactory completion, generates a final QC memo to all pertinent parties. Data and reports are meticulous and filed in the Office of the Chief Medical Physicist in accordance with section policies.
• Ensure there is a verbal update of ongoing projects. Reports are filed in a timely fashion in accordance with section policies. Special project are completed in a timely manner.
• Maintains professional growth through published papers, presentations, graduate studies, attendance at professional meetings and maintenance of current New York State Department of Education, Medical Health Physics, Nuclear Medicine Physics, Diagnostic Radiological Physics and ABR Certification in Nuclear Medicine Physics.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Master's Degree in Physical Science.
• American Board of Radiology certified in Nuclear Medicine Physics or the equivalent.
• Experienced in Diagnostic Medical Physics.
• Eligible for NYS Medical Physics license. (limited license is acceptable for up to 24 months)
• Two years plus experience in evaluation of Nuclear Medicine diagnostic radiology equipment and experience in nuclear medicine. This experience can be gained as a resident in CAMPEP accredited residency program.
• Must become certified under MQSA to perform mammographic (Full-Field Digital and Digital Breast Tomosynthesis) within two years of hire.
• Ph.D. in Physical Science
• Two or more years' experience as a diagnostic medical physicist
• Two or more years' experience in nuclear medicine physics.
• Familiarity with the NYS DOH regulations regarding the use and performance of diagnostic radiological imaging equipment
• Qualified under MQSA regulations to perform surveys on mammographic imaging equipment.
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Candidates who are not already partially vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol, including booster vaccines. Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
The regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The regulation allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date). If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
• Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
• All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
• This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
• This function/position maybe designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
• Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
• Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
• Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
• Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
• Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer. *The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws. If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access . In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https://www.stonybrook.edu/police/&data=02 | 01 | Nancy.Berg-Brown@stonybrookmedicine.edu | 66fb74ae10a54d3d0de408d83330b5bd | eafa1b31b194425db36656c215b7760c | 0 | 0 | 637315631590760824&sdata=uLJ9TTks91Dg3+2LRDlw67z6TzWLmEvsEizrjXGLZvg=&reserved=0. Visit ourhttps://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/jobs/working-here/index.php&data=02 | 01 | Nancy.Berg-Brown@stonybrookmedicine.edu | 66fb74ae10a54d3d0de408d83330b5bd | eafa1b31b194425db36656c215b7760c | 0 | 0 | 637315631590760824&sdata=2vE2YQDyW9mMlExuE0U92vrTJJl0RO1zdDV0Tv70x0Q=&reserved=0 page to learn about the total rewards we offer. Job Number: 2200919
Official Job Title: TH Medical Physicist
Job Field: Radiology
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Radiology / Medical Physics
Schedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8AM - 4:30PM Pass Days: Sat, Sun
Posting Start Date: Mar 24, 2022
Posting End Date: Jun 22, 2022, 8:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3045254x
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.