The McGuire VA medical center, a 399 bedded, tertiary care facility is looking for full time Cardiothoracic Surgeon, able to handle all aspects of adult cardiac surgery, ECMO, LVADs and Heart transplant. A successful candidate will be:
- Ideally 2-4 years of post-training experience
- Recent graduates, fellowship trained in LVADs, ECMO and heart transplantation are welcome to apply.
- Ability to do thoracic surgery is desirable.
- TAVR experience preferred and desirable.
- Board eligible/board certified or equivalent training.
- Our program is the only one in the Veterans Affairs healthcare system performing onsite heart transplantation, implanting, and managing LVADs and ECMOs.
- TAVR program starting in 2023.
- We perform full spectrum of adult cardiac surgery and general thoracic surgery
- Successful candidate must be eligible for academic appointment at our affiliate VCU. Opportunity for joint hire or moonlighting may be pursued if desired.
- Good work-life balance. Full spectrum of physician VA benefits.
- All the advantages of Richmond city life, Virginia Beach within 2 hours and Blueridge mountains within 1.5 to 2 hrs. drive. Enjoy the access to multiple hiking trails, camping sites plenty of outdoor green space and modern craft breweries.
- The 0.75 miles, D-shaped oval located just outside Richmond, Virginia, plays host to rounds of the NASCAR Cup Series twice yearly, earning a reputation as "America's premier short track".
Located in Richmond, Virginia, the McGuire VA Medical Center serves approximately 60,000 patients and performs 750,000 outpatient visits across five sites of care in Central Virginia. McGuire VAMC is comprised of 12 operating room suites, 399 beds, an inpatient tertiary care facility, and 5 ambulatory care clinics located in Fredericksburg (2 locations), Charlottesville, Henrico, and Emporia. McGuire VAMC is committed to providing the highest level of advanced heart failure therapy and care for our nation’s veterans especially patients located in VISN6. We are a flag-ship veterans hospital performing full spectrum adult cardiac and general thoracic surgery for a complex and high acuity patient population. The program has 40 years of cardiac surgery experience and completed more than 400 successful heart transplants with outcomes comparable to the national average. We have a dedicated surgical team, and a robust surgical intensive care unit with round the clock SICU coverage.
Interested applicants may submit their resume with a letter of interest to:
Dipesh Shah M.D.
Chief, Department of Cardiothoracic surgery,
Surgical director of Heart transplant and MCS,
Central Virginia VA Health Care System
Assistant Professor of Surgery, VCU
Surgical services (112)
1201 Broad Rock Boulevard
Richmond, VA 23249
Administrative assistant: Greg Labenz: Gregory.email@example.com