Child Psychiatrist – Beaumont Health – Royal Oak, MI
Participates as a member of the multi-disciplinary Patient Care Team to provide care for adolescents served by the Hough Center for Adolescent Health. The Hough Center for Adolescent Health is an adolescent medicine clinic located in Troy, Michigan that primarily cares for patients with known or suspected eating disorders, including, but not limited to anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and avoidant restrictive food intake disorder. Many of these patients have comorbid psychiatric conditions. Our team consists of a physician, two nurse practitioners, two registered dietitian nutritionists, and a clinical social worker. Primary responsibilities include psychiatric evaluations and recommendations, prescribing and managing medications, developing, reviewing, and updating treatment plans, collaborating with patients, families, and other members of the treatment team to develop a comprehensive plan of care, and providing excellent patient and family centered care and service as it relates to Beaumont standards.
- Conducts psychiatric assessments using age-appropriate standards and utilizing validated assessment tools to assist with identified needs.
- Prescribes and manages psychotropic medications as necessary based on diagnosis. Monitors and evaluates patient response to medication.
- Performs patient, family, and care giver education related to psychotropic medication therapy and incorporates best method of learning style and communication into sessions.
- Analyzes medical tests and track patients’ progress.
- Assists families with navigating mental health concerns relating to assessment and medication management.
- Coordinates psychiatric services with physicians and other health care professionals. Participates in multidisciplinary rounds and care planning sessions.
- Educates and trains hospital staff, students, and interns.
- Performs quality improvement, research, and outcome studies.
- Documents accurately, completely, and appropriately in electronic medical record.
- Assists in the development and revision of psychiatric related department tools, training materials, policies, and procedures.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health’s customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented environment – cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules – including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
For more information please reach out to Amy Anstett at Amy.Anstett@beaumont.org.