The Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Silver Spring, Maryland, is actively recruiting gastroenterologists and hepatologists to serve as Physicians (Clinical Reviewers) in a dynamic, highly challenging and innovative atmosphere at the intersection of law, medicine, and science. Prior experience in clinical trial design and data analysis or biomedical/translational research is preferred, but not required. Physicians are the cornerstone of FDA's mission to ensure the safety and efficacy of drug products. As a physician, you will have the opportunity to:
- Advance the public health through new drug development;
- Experience teaching and training opportunities;
- Interact with pharmaceutical companies and develop health policy;
- Work with a wide range of scientific disciplines in a team-oriented atmosphere.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Civil service base salary at the GS-14 level, plus a generous supplemental allowance determined by relevant experience, medical specialty, and board certification;
- Excellent Federal Government benefits package (health insurance, life insurance, thrift savings plan, retirement, etc.);
- Relocation expenses and student loan repayment may be paid to eligible candidates;
- Flexible and/or partial telework schedules available (after completion of initial training period).
Applicants must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an accredited medical school. Graduates of foreign medical schools must be certified by the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). Candidates for Civil Service or U.S. Commissioned Corps must be U.S. citizens. Permanent U.S. residents may apply for staff fellowship appointments. Certification by or eligibility for the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) in Gastroenterology and/or Transplant Hepatology required.
If you have any questions, you may direct them to the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or (301) 796-0800. Those who wish to apply should submit their cover letters and CV/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that you are applying to source code 19-007EG.