SHIFT: No Weekends
Hourly Wage Estimate: $37.01 - $56.00 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
If you have a passion for Oncology, Swedish Medical Center is your best choice! Our RNs have the opportunity to work with a diversity of cases, providing a broad learning experience and an increased knowledge of the full spectrum of medicine. If you enjoy being part of a cohesive team, we are looking forward to you becoming one of our team members!
Our nursing teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise! Swedish Medical Center
, part of HCA's HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region's referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state's first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region's neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area's only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology. Additional information about the hospital is available at www.SwedishHospital.com. Here is what you can expect from being a Clinical Nurse Specialist with us:
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)/ Oncology Program Coordinator is responsible for implementing and ensuring optimal patient care and outcomes for Oncology patients according to evidence-based standards and guidelines through patient care, protocol development/compliance, data collection/analysis, quality improvement, disease prevention, research and professional education.
- The CS is a registered Nurse who demonstrates advanced knowledge, skills and understands the unique aspects of the Oncology population.
- The delivery of care is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient.
- The CNS performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at SMC.
- The CNS ensures multidisciplinary compliance with all state and national requirements.
- The CNS may rotate to areas other than his/her assigned service area, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discount Program
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Student Loan Repayment
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Qualifications Licensure/Certification/Registration:
- Current Colorado Registered Nurse License or Compact RN License Status accepted.
- Current BCLS, ACLS certifications through AHA or ARC.
- Bachelor Science Nursing or actively pursuing with completion within 3 years of hire required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Minimum one year of 1 year Oncology nursing experience preferred.
- Verification of competencies in relative procedures required.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Values & Standards of Nursing Practice at SMC.
- Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.