It may sound cliché, but it is true. A career taking care of cancer patients is a calling for most all of us. It's much more than a job. Each of us has a unique story that brought us to Compass Oncology, but those stories usually share common themes of care, compassion, and commitment. No matter the role, each Compass team member serves in, the goal is the same: to provide the best care possible for each and every one of our patients. If this sounds like you, please reach out to us. We can't wait to hear your story.
Compass Oncology is known in the community for their Patient-Centered and Collaborative approach to cancer care. This is achieved in large part through strong, resonant leadership. Compass Oncology's Vancouver Cancer Center clinic is looking an Oncology Nursing Supervisor
to be the type of leader that will help guide our nursing team along the trail we have blazed in the field of oncology for over 30 years. This leader will supervise both RN's and LPN's and take part in managing schedules, workflow, staff development, and new hire training. Previous Oncology experience is required, and previous leadership experience is strongly preferred. Employment Type :
Full-Time, 40 Hours M-F Location :
West Cancer Center (Tigard, Oregon) Job Scope:
Coordinates all activities related to nursing functions and patient care, within budgetary constraints. Adheres to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Supervises nursing staff that provides professional nursing care to patients. Must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
- Oversees the clinical operations for all nursing clinical support activities.
- Establishes and maintains all nursing personnel files. Ensures all licensing and certification criteria are met.
- Assists with the review and revision of clinical policies and procedures.
Ensure adequate staffing/FTEs for assigned clinics
- Maintains effective nursing staff coverage and operating costs for the practice and/or satellites within budgetary parameters.
- Participates in the interviewing and recruiting of nursing personnel.
- Performs tasks assigned to staff nurses as necessary.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of applicable labor laws and schedules and coordinates employee staffing including vacations, sick leave and overtime.
Ensure clinical operations and practice consistent with organizational objectives
- Monitors and evaluates patient satisfaction and quality assurance measures.
- Directs the correct use of charge codes and coordinates education of all staff in correct procedures per reimbursement guidelines.
- Develops new services and activities for patients, families and staff in accordance with practice service objectives.
- Implement staff retention and training programs w/ support from clinic leads.
- Coordinates, implements, and assists with staff training, in-services, and internal developmental programs for nursing staff.
- Assists with annual performance evaluations for nursing department staff.
- Serves as mentor/preceptor and provides day to day guidance to less experienced nurses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN or MSN preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Oncology certification preferred.
- Chemotherapy Immunotherapy provider card preferred.
More About The Company
- Minimum (5) years of experience actively practicing as a registered nurse, including at least (3) years of oncology experience.
- Minimum (1) year of leadership experience preferred.
The Compass Oncology team brings together leading cancer experts in the fields of surgical, gynecologic, medical, and radiation oncology, pathology and palliative care to provide the most comprehensive cancer care possible and an even more cohesive patient experience. In addition, the majority of our physicians specialize in particular cancer types, bringing a heightened level of expertise to our patients. If you are a dedicated, team-oriented, patient-centered individual looking for an opportunity where you are proud of what you do, work hard, have fun, want to learn and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference in the lives of our patients; Compass Oncology is the place for you!
As a member of The US Oncology Network , one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, Compass Oncology participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 89 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Portland and Vancouver communities with clinical offices located throughout the metro area.
To learn more about Compass Oncology and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.CompassOncology.com. The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.