Join a national leader in cardiovascular disease prevention, treatment and research
The Hartford HealthCare Heart and Vascular Institute (HVI) has an opportunity for a BC/BE Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join a busy team of collegial and highly trained staff at Hartford Hospital, located in Hartford, Connecticut.
About the HHC Heart and Vascular Institute:
The Hartford HealthCare HVI system of care includes the most talented and experienced physicians, the very latest technology, and a team of compassionate caregivers whose only goal is to help patients and their families fight heart disease, which is our nation’s number one killer.
At the HHC Heart and Vascular Institute, we measure everything we do. That’s what helps us continuously improve, and separates us from our competition. Our Cardiovascular Data Management Center provides comprehensive and continuous quality improvement information, and allows us to compare our patient outcomes to state and national benchmarks.
Highlights of this position:
- Well-established heart failure program includes transplant, VADs, and ECMO
- Strong, large volume valve surgery program: aortic replacement, TAVR, mitral repair and replacement, and mini invasive mitral and aortic surgery
- 40 operating rooms (4 dedicated to cardiac surgery), 2 state-of-the-art Hybrid rooms, 5 robots, 1 Mazor Robo room (Neuro), and 15 state-of-the-art minimally invasive ORs.
- More than 1,500 open heart cases per year
- Dedicated referrals from HHC’s six affiliated hospitals throughout Connecticut
- Robust opportunities for academics and research with close affiliation with the University of Connecticut
- Exceptional Critical Care capabilities with dedicated Cardiac Intensivists and Advanced Practitioners
- Nationally recognized 45,000 sq. ft. Center for Education, Simulation Innovation (CESI)
- We support your development and wellbeing through the respected HHC Provider Leadership Development Institute and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness
About Hartford HealthCare:
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
This means MORE OPTIONS for physicians to propel careers to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Connecticut is located within two hours of Boston and New York City, and offers access to the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, access to New England beaches and ski resorts, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
For additional information and 1:1 discussion:
Please contact Clayton Tebbetts, CPRP, HHC Physician Recruiter Clayton.Tebbetts@hhchealth.org, or call/text (860) 696-6071