Chair/Head, Department of Ophthalmology
5 days left
Preparing for a Career Break
The University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine (FoM) and the Ottawa Hospital (TOH) invite applications and nominations for the above-noted position. The Department of Ophthalmology is an internationally recognized academic centre comprised of the University of Ottawa Eye Institute, the Riverside Eye
Care Centre, and the Department of Ophthalmology at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO). Its dedicated staff provide comprehensive and world-class medical, surgical and emergency eye care services to the Regional Municipality of Ottawa-Carleton, as well as tertiary eye care services to
communities in Eastern and Northern Ontario, Baffin Island and Western Quebec. These services include approximately 15,000 surgeries and 100,000 clinic visits annually.
The successful candidate will lead the Department of Ophthalmology with its:
• National and international leaders in clinical care, education and research;
• Collegial and supportive medical school and hospital administration;
• Extensive undergraduate, postgraduate and fellowship training programs.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
• A seasoned leader with a proven track record of engaging teams and the effective delivery of clinical services, academic performance and research in alignment with the mission, vision, values, policies and objectives of the FoM, CHEO and TOH;
• An outstanding record in patient care, teaching, academic leadership and research;
• An accomplished clinician who is in good standing with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC), or equivalent;
• A university rank of Associate or Full Professor;
• Eligibility for medical licensure in Ontario; and
• Fluency in one official language with at least a passive knowledge of the other.
Apply for Chair/Head, Department of Ophthalmology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly