Family Medicine Physicians
- Family Medicine / General Practice
Preparing for a Career Break
The Royster Group, Inc. has full-time contract Family Medicine positions available at Naval Hospital Jacksonville, FL to include their Naval Branch Health Clinic (NBHC) Mayport, FL and the Naval Branch Health Clinic in Kings Bay, GA locations. These providers will be working with our military on a 5-year contract. This is a great opportunity to provide healthcare services to our active-duty, retirees and their beneficiaries.
Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to the following (NBHC Mayport, FL):
- Maintain a level of productivity comparable with that of other individuals performing similar services.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement activities.
- Function with an awareness and application of safety procedures.
- Exercise awareness and sensitivity to patient/significant others’ rights, as identified within the MTF.
- Participate in continuing and education to meet own professional growth.
- Attend and participate in various meetings as directed.
- Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient care.
- Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with clinic directives, and prepare such records and reports as may be required. All records and reports must be legible. Abbreviations must be only those listed in local instructions.
Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to the following (Naval Hospital Medical Boards Division):
- Review patient consults; conduct medical record reviews along with providing physical examinations to provide the appropriate fitness for duty determinations, appropriateness of physical readiness waivers, and determinations of suitability for isolated, remote, overseas or operational assignment for all referred Active Duty, Reserve and Medically Retired personnel on the TDRL.
Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to the following (NBHC Kings Bay, GA):
- If trained and privileged to do so, the HCW shall perform vasectomies, ultrasound, and colposcopies.
- The HCW shall serve as Primary Care Manager (PCM) for a panel of patients enrolled to a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) style benefit. The Commanding Officer to the HCW will schedule approximately 1200 to 1500 TRICARE Prime enrollees.
- In addition to enrolled patients, the HCW shall treat non-enrolled patients on a space available basis, as assigned.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine or by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine. Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine or by the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians.
- Internship/Residency: Successful completion of an internship and residency program in family practice or internal medicine which has been approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association. Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting (i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training).
- Possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience within the preceding three (3) years as a Family Practice or Internal Medicine Physician performing duties similar to those required by the task order.
- Shall maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross. Certification cards must display the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross or Military Training Network emblem. Web-based classes do not meet required standards.
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice medicine as required.
- Provide three (3) letters of recommendation from practicing physicians or peers attesting to his/her clinical skills. Reference letters must include name, title, phone number, date of reference, address and signature of the individual providing reference. Letters of reference must have been written within the preceding two (2) years.
Apply for Family Medicine Physicians
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly