Preparing for a Career Break
Psychiatrist at Children's National Medical Center,
About Children’s National
Children’s National Medical Center, based in Washington, DC, has been serving the nation’s children since 1870. Children’s National is Magnet® designated, and was ranked among the top 10 pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report 2019-20. With a community-based pediatric network, seven regional outpatient centers, an ambulatory surgery center, two emergency rooms, an acute care hospital, and collaborations throughout the region, Children’s National is recognized for its expertise and innovation in pediatric care and as an advocate for all children.
CNMC is seeking to hire a Board Eligible/Board Certified Pediatric Psychiatrist. The faculty physician is responsible for the care of patients in the hospital and clinics, as well as research, educational and advocacy initiatives as determined by the Division Chief and/or the Center leadership.
• Team includes: 17 Psychiatrist, 1 Psychologist, & 1 Nurse Practitioner. Our team works closely with other teams within the Center for Neuroscience including Neurology, Neuropsychology, Psychology, Psychiatry Social Workers, nurses, & many more clinicians.
• 3 locations: Montgomery County satellite clinic, Northern Virginia satellite clinic, & Main Hospital (Washington, DC) – positions in the Emergency Department, Consultation-Liaison Service, and Inpatient Unit.
Minimum Education & Specific Requirements
• M.D. or D.O degree (required)
• Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible Psychiatrist
• Current or able to obtain DC license (required)
• Current Federal DEA & able to obtain DC DEA license (required)
• New grads welcome
• Meets all requirements in order to obtain medical staff membership and required privileges.
•Competitive Salary & CMEs
•Comprehensive Benefits package, includes medical, dental, vision, 401(K) & paid malpractice insurance.
For interested candidates or nominations for this position, please contact:
Heather Tran, HTran@childrensnational.org
Apply for Pediatric Psychiatrist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly