Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Physician Opportunity
Preparing for a Career Break
Methodist Healthcare, the largest provider of cardiovascular services in South Texas, is recruiting an Advanced Heart Failure/Cardiac Transplant Cardiologist.
This is a great opportunity to work with our advanced heart failure team, with the fastest growing program in Texas, and support continued growth of our heart transplant program.
Position Highlights & Requirements:
• Provide care for heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, pre- and post-transplant and VAD patients, all forms of both percutaneous and surgically placed mechanical circulatory support, to include percutaneously and surgically-cannulated ECMO patients
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Cardiology in Advanced Heart Failure/Cardiac Transplant
• Minimum Two (2) years post fellowship experience
• Certified in cardiac catheterization, endocardial biopsy, and echocardiography, preferably TEE certified
• Eligible for licensure in Texas, J1 and H1B cap-exempt visas not supported
• Robust compensation and benefits package provided!
Heart Transplant Program:
• Methodist Heart Hospital consistently performs more open heart surgeries than any other hospital in San Antonio, making it the busiest program in the region
• The Heart Transplant Program at Methodist Heart Hospital is certified by both Medicare and Medicaid.
• The program has been in continuous existence since 1984, and is the only VAD and only transplant program in the city of San Antonio, a city of 1.5 million people, and the nation’s 7th most populous.
• The program includes a comprehensive advanced heart failure, ventricular assist device, and pulmonary hypertension disease management clinic.
• As the region’s first Destination Therapy LVAD center, the program has over 60 VAD’s in the community, with extensive experience in hybrid procedures and in myocardial recovery techniques, helping patients’ hearts heal so they no longer need a transplant.
• The program is the only Medicare and Joint Commission approved center in the region for patients needing long-term cardiac assist device therapy, and its’ physicians hold academic appointments and are involved in extensive teaching of physicians, advanced practice professionals (nurse practitioners and physicians assistants), pharmacy residents, and participate in and offer patients involvement in multicenter and investigator-initiated research trials in novel heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, and ventricular assist device therapies.
What does San Antonio offer?
• The San Antonio MSA has grown by 11.75% between 2010 and 2016 and is predicted to increase an additional 8.12% by 2021.
• Great restaurants and over 240 parks and 150 miles worth of walking, hiking and biking trails to help burn off all the delicious food SA has to offer.
• Family friendly - home to major theme parks and several museums
• No state income tax, tort reform, and a lower cost of living than the national average.
Apply for Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Physician Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly