STCH-Sutter Tracy Community Hosp Position Overview:
The registered nurse provides individualized nursing care based on knowledge of basic competencies in the fundamentals of nursing and pharmacology using the nursing process applied to geriatric, adult, and adolescent patients from admission through discharge. This position requires knowledge of standards of care, nursing assessment parameters, and pharmacology, including doses, purpose, interactions, side effects, and reactions to medications. Job Description
: **Sign On Bonus Potential** MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of California upon hire.
- Must possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon hire.
- Must possess a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification upon hire.
- Must possess a current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification (see department specific requirements).
- Other (Must also meet department specific requirements for License and Certification - see department specific requirements).
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of nursing process in addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of patients.
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Timely completion of unit specific orientation and competencies.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
- Must be able to travel in accordance with any requirements of your job.
- One (1) year of RN experience preferred.
- Critical care theory including the following: Cardiac, ECG monitoring and arrhythmia interpretation, Hemodynamics, Respiratory and Ventilation, Vasoactive medications, Endocrine, and Renal (similar to the AACN [American Association of Critical Care Nurses] preferred.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Electrocardiogram Certification (EKG) required within 180 days of hire.
- Proficiency with: continuous bedside monitoring and telemetry, vasoactive medications, hemodynamic monitoring and pressure lines, patients receiving mechanical ventilation. Ability to assist with bedside procedures such as emergency resuscitation, chest tube insertion, central line insertion, tracheotomy, and intubation.
- Proficiency with: PA pressure lines, Arterial lines and monitoring. Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy, Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps, Intracranial Pressure Monitoring and Ventriculostomies.
- Ability to assist with bedside procedures such as emergency resuscitation, chest tube insertion, central line and Swan Ganz insertion, tracheostomy, intubation.
Full Time Shift Hours:
12 Days of the Week:
Variable Weekend Requirements:
Rotating Weekends Benefits:
Yes Position Status:
Non-Exempt Weekly Hours:
36 Employee Status:
Regular Number of Openings:
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans. Schedule/Shift: