Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Assistant/Associate Professor, Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery
Preparing for a Career Break
Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Assistant/Associate Professor, Surgery,
ATTENDING CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY
The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Stony Brook Hospital is pleased to announce the recruitment of a surgeon to join our current faculty.
As a Long Island premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University, as well as its major centers, and more than 50 community based healthcare locations throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Our thriving community has great schools, and is conveniently located between NYC and the Hamptons.The cardiothoracic faculty at Stony Brook advocate and provide strong mentorship of junior faculty.
Research opportunities are offered in a well-structured academic department.
• See patients in the outpatient setting and perform adult cardiothoracic surgery inpatient procedures.
• Mentor for junior faculty and general surgery residents for professional growth and development.
• Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate and medical students, as well as general surgery residents and fellows.
• Responsible for development and participation in scholarly activities in the Division, including but not limited to research conferences, education of
students, residents and fellows, grand rounds, etc. in the Department of Surgery.
• Responsible for the continued development of clinical and basic research programs and innovative procedures in the field of cardiothoracic surgery.
• Prepare and submit manuscripts to peer reviewed journals, present at national/international meetings.
• M.D. or D.O. degree
• Eligibility for the academic rank of Assistant Professor or higher.To qualify for a faculty appointment, the candidate must meet the criteria established by the School of Medicine (School of Medicine's Criteria for Appointment, Promotion and Tenure) for appointment, promotion and tenure.
• Eligibility for New York State License
• Board Certified/Eligible in Cardiothoracic Surgery
• Record of interest in basic or clinical research
The Cardiothoracic Surgery Attending reports to the Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery for clinical, administrative, research, and teaching activities of the adult cardiothoracic service.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1955602
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university office of institutional diversity and equity at (631)632-6280.