The VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System, a teaching affiliate of Case Western Reserve University, is recruiting for a full-time Orthopedic Surgeon.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Performing Orthopedic Surgery (Arthroscopy/Sports Medicine, Shoulder Surgery, and Total Joint Replacements).
- Providing pre-operative and post-operative outpatient care.
- Providing inpatient consultation and management.
- Participating in resident teaching.
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Qualifications: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. This degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Two years of experience due to the high degree of complex orthopedic cases.
- Board certified or eligible in orthopedic surgery.
- Fellowship training in orthopedics with an interest or experience in Total Joints, Sports Medicine/Arthroscopy, and/or Shoulder Surgery.
Interested candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae via The Federal Government’s Official Job Site at: https://www.usa.jobs.gov at Wade Park Campus, 10701 East Boulevard, Cleveland, OH 44106; Joseph Mayette, HR Specialist, 216-791-2300x42165; Reference: CBSR-10833187-20-JDM.