Division Director, Child Safety and Advocacy
Preparing for a Career Break
The Department of Pediatrics and the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital at Geisinger is seeking a Board Eligible/Certified Child Abuse Pediatrician to serve as the Medical Director of the Division of Child Safety and Advocacy. The Director will provide oversight, direct patient care, teaching and consultative services as a child abuse pediatrician. Our Division currently consist of a Board-Certified Child Abuse Pediatrician and two General Pediatricians who provide clinical oversight in both inpatient and outpatient treatment of abuse, a program manager with administrative and social work background and a pediatric sexual assault nurse examiner. Our Division includes a fully accredited Child Advocacy Center (CAC) which utilizes a multi-disciplinary approach in the treatment of suspected child abuse and neglect. The Director will work closely with the CAC Program Manager to deliver comprehensive medical evaluation and treatment to child victims in the CAC setting, as well as to develop strategies for continual enhancement of our system wide response to child abuse and neglect.
We seek a dynamic director that will help lead our efforts in the prevention, identification and treatment of child abuse and neglect within central, northeast and southeast Pennsylvania. In addition to Director candidates, we welcome graduating fellows to be part of this dynamic, growing and family centric division.
Duties of the Director include but are not limited to:
• Directing the day-to-day activities of the Child Safety and Advocacy Division.
• Providing strategic leadership by working with the Pediatric and Geisinger leaders to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies for the treatment and prevention of child abuse.
• Providing or ensuring delivery of specialized forensic medical examinations on child abuse patients, including forensic rape exams, and the provision of expert consultation and review for suspected child abuse cases.
• Providing administrative oversight, including the recruitment and hiring of staff, of medical component of the Child Advocacy Center.
• Providing education of medical students, residents, attendings and SANE providers.
• Participating in research in child abuse and neglect with a focus on innovative preventative strategies.
Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine, board eligible/certified in Pediatrics and Child Abuse. The candidate should have experience in the care of children who are suspected of being abused and or neglected. The candidate should be comfortable in both the outpatient and inpatient settings. General pediatric core skills are required.
Five years post residency experience is desired. Leadership experience as a Medical Director within an integrated delivery system is highly desirable.
Licensure, Registry, or Certification Required: Current License to practice medicine in PA, DEA number, valid PA driver’s license, maintenance of Board Certification in Child Abuse Pediatrics.
To be considered for this position, please send your CV to: Dr. Pat Bruno C/O Betsy Kelchner, Talent Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org