The Yale School of Medicine seeks an outstanding candidate to serve as the next Division Chief of Pediatric Endocrinology. This exceptional opportunity includes leading a program with a proud history of innovative contributions dating back to the 1950s. Today, the division consists of national and international leaders recognized for their contributions to endocrinology, diabetes, and pediatrics. The successful candidate will qualify for an academic appointment as an Associate or full Professor, with an outstanding track record of clinical excellence, research, and mentorship. We are seeking a visionary leader who will leverage existing strengths in the clinical, research, and education domains, taking this division to even greater heights.
- Yale’s Pediatric Diabetes & Endocrinology Program has consistently ranked among the top 20 programs in the Nation (US News & World Report)
- The division has enjoyed stable leadership for over 50 years
- Patient-oriented research has been the cornerstone of the division, with significant contributions on type 1 diabetes, obesity/type 2 diabetes, and bone metabolism
- In addition to having a robust clinical footprint for obesity and diabetes, the division is home to several interdisciplinary subspecialty programs: the pediatric metabolic bone program, the gender program, the differences in sexual development clinic, and the thyroid clinic
- Very active and highly regarded fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology, with a total of six fellows
- Lead a division with 19 faculty members and more than 25 staff consisting of nurses, dieticians, social workers, clinical research nurses, coordinators, and administrative/research support personnel
Located alongside the Long Island Sound, New Haven, Connecticut, is a charming community offering a remarkable quality of life. Surrounded by inviting communities and gorgeous scenery, it provides a unique range of cultural, historical, recreational, and educational amenities that make it a desirable place to live and work.
- Four distinct seasons and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, including swimming, sailing, skating, hiking, biking, and golfing
- Excellent public and private schools, as well as local colleges and universities
- Convenient access to New York City, Boston, and Providence, RI
- Ranked #15 by Niche in “Most Diverse Cities in America”
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and members of underrepresented minority groups.