Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, is seeking an innovative leader to serve as the Medical Director of our Lung Transplant Program at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor employed by the Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine at the Jane & Leonard Korman Respiratory Institute of Thomas Jefferson and National Jewish Health. We are seeking a Pulmonologist with strong clinical and/or research interest in lung transplantation and management of advanced lung disease to join our growing and vibrant academic program. Candidates are expected to engage in scholarly activities and teaching responsibilities.
In 2017, Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia and National Jewish Health — one of the world's top respiratory programs — have partnered to bring the best in respiratory care, research and education at the Jane and Leonard Korman Respiratory Institute in Philadelphia. Our shared mission: to create a world-class program of research and medical expertise that could dramatically enhance patient care, education and innovation in respiratory health.
- 36 faculty, three training programs (including a 3-year Pulmonary & Critical Care Fellowship with 15 fellows, a separate 1-year Critical Care Training Program, and an Ultrasound Fellowship)
- A basic science program that includes 7 wet-bench laboratories, and a robust clinical trials program with over 20-25 active trials and registries at any given time.
- Programs of Excellence in Interstitial Lung Disease, Pulmonary Hypertension, Adult Cystic Fibrosis, Interventional Pulmonology, Bronchiectasis and COPD, Severe Asthma, Allergy & Immunology, ECMO, and Lung Cancer, among others.
- The Thoracic Surgery Team, which is integrated within the Institute and their clinics and offices are located within our space.
- A Respiratory Service Line was established with the intention of standardizing care and integrating related efforts throughout the enterprise; this service line is driven by the Korman Respiratory Institute and the leadership of Dr. Jesse Roman.
Jefferson Health has expanded its footprint and now includes 18 hospitals and has become a multi-billion dollar enterprise with its own health plan.
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital has been ranked among the top 50 sites in Pulmonology in each of the past three years in US News & World Report.
- Thomas Jefferson is the second largest employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
- 50 outpatient and urgent care centers.
- 10 Magnet®-designated hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence).
- The NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the country and one of only two in the region).
- The largest faculty-based telehealth networks in the country.
- We are the first health system regionally to create an aligned payer-provider partnership.
- Jefferson has the highest market share in respiratory medicine in Philadelphia and surrounding counties.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Should forward a current CV, statement of interest, and names of three references to: Steven Capo, Physician Recruiter at Steven.Capo@jefferson.edu