Our Mission -
Opening Doors to the Future by Maximizing the Potential of Children and Families
Since 1867, the Sacramento Children’s Home has been committed to helping children by providing high-quality care to the Sacramento region’s most vulnerable children and families. Our 150+ year history has positioned our agency at the forefront of caring for at-risk youth and helping to build strong families throughout our community.
From providing crisis support for families with infants and toddlers to providing short-term residential care to foster youth who have suffered trauma, SCH services focus on child abuse prevention, intervention, and mental health treatment for our area’s most at-risk children and families. Our programs promote child safety, positive parenting, education, and mental health, and improve the healthy functioning of families. Through our portfolio of programs, we provide services to over 7,000 children and 4,300 families each year.
OVERVIEW: The Psychiatrist will provide psychiatric evaluation, medication treatment planning and medication support to clients in a community-based program (SCH Wraparound). The Wraparound Program provides services to clients referred by Sacramento County child welfare and juvenile justice services.
QUALIFICATIONS: Board Certified Psychiatrist with experience in the treatment of children and adolescents.
- Conduct comprehensive evaluations regarding psychotropic medications of all referred clients utilizing assessment processes, collaboration and collateral meetings to assist in the evaluation process.
- Make recommendations for further services regarding the evaluation of the client - psychological evaluation, neurological testing, etc.
- Complete county documentation regarding the evaluation process, including initial psychiatric assessment, mental status exam and active client psychiatric report.
- Provide monthly services and support regarding psychiatric medications.
- Meet county contract requirements for timelines in meeting with clients in the program.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume via email to email@example.com