NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION - $6K!POSITION SUMMARY:
The Medical Office LPN provides direct and indirect professional nursing care for patients following established standards and practices. Assists providers and staff in coordination of patient care. Functions as primary liaison between providers and physicians. LPNs handle both administrative and clinical duties and must demonstrate acute attention to detail, accuracy, professional etiquette and superior customer service and clinical skills at all times. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:
- Graduate of an accredited LPN Program.
- Current licensure in the state of Connecticut
- Maintains clinical competency required for area of assignment including Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Experience with computer scheduling systems preferred, i.e. Meditech and Ntierprise
- 1 year experience working in a medical facility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills.
- Comfortable in a fast paced confidential medical environment.
- Team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish and maintain a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, regulations and practices to give and evaluate patient care.
- Sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, care, push and /or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination.
- Ability to maintain working relationships and interact with patients and employees on a daily basis.
- Reliable transportation and the ability to float to other offices as the needs require.
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- Provides general nursing care to patients, including administering prescribed medications, vaccinations, and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Prepares equipment and aids physicians during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Observes, reports and records patients' condition and reactions to meds and treatments.
- Educates patient / family regarding diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition, and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Responds to and/or anticipates emergency situations in a calm, efficient manner.
- Documents all sample medication dispensed in the medical record.
- Keeps inventory of medical supplies and reports them to Office Coordinator/Practice Manager for reorder.
- Reports malfunction of medical equipment to Office Coordinator/Practice Manager
- Assists physician/practitioner with office surgical procedures.
- Prepare specimens and paperwork to submit to reference lab for testing as directed my physician or midlevel
- Responds to incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patients and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Oversees vaccine program following State guidelines.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Maintain work area in a neat and organized manner.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of compliance with CLIA regulations.
- Primary Participates in Patient Centered Medical Home Care Team collaborations.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA guidelines.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested by Management.
*Sign on bonus paid out in increments