NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION - $15K!POSITION SUMMARY:
Utilizing the nursing process, provides high quality direct and indirect patient -centered care. Coordinates patient care by working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team. Communicates, as appropriate, the patient's clinical condition, responding quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served. Promotes the profession of nursing and professional practice through collegial support and interactions. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current licensure in the state of Connecticut.
- Must have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire or receive certification within the new employee introductory orientation period and maintain clinical competency during employment with ECHN in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and in writing.
- Possesses basic computer skills.
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
1. Performs population specific comprehensive assessments and re-assessments of the medical and surgical patient's condition and care needs including the psychosocial, physical, educational and cultural aspects.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of development of the adult and geriatric population and the skills necessary to provide age-appropriate care to patients served. Able to interpret data about the patient status in order to identify each patient's age-specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
3. Assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management tools and techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management. Documentation reflects assessments, interventions and evaluation of effectiveness.
4. Develops and revises individualized plans of care as indicated by assessment and patient response to treatment. Evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness. Involves the patient and family in the formulation of goals.
5. Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors. Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
6. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient outcomes.
7. Documents the nursing process and responses to care in a timely manner utilizing the appropriate tools.
8. Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations. Utilizes critical thinking skills and sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
9. Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
10. Demonstrates autonomous practice, consistent with evidence-based standards. Pursues personal and professional growth and development. Serves as a professional role model and mentor.
11. Provides an accurate and pertinent report of the patient's condition for safe transfer of care.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of antineoplastic therapy; physical and psychological effects, side effects, risks and benefits.
13. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of antineoplastic agents, method of administration, rate of delivery, drug properties and ability to handle agents safely.
14. Ensures continuous monitoring for patients on remote telemetry.
15. Provides immediate assessment and intervention as indicated/directed by staff monitoring telemetry as related to monitor findings.#indeed22echn