NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION - $15K! POSITION SUMMARY:
Utilizing the nursing process, provides high quality direct and indirect patient-centered care. Coordinates patient care by working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team, patients and families. Communicates, as appropriate, the patient's clinical condition, responding quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served. Promotes the profession of nursing and professional practice through collegial support and interactions. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current licensure in the state of Connecticut.
- Must provide copies of all current clinical competencies upon hire or transfer and during employment.
- Maintains clinical competency required for area of assignment including but not limited to BLS.
- ACLS is required or must be obtained within six months of hire.
- Telemetry is required or must be obtained within six months of hire.
- Minimum one year of nursing experience required.
- Experience in Med-Surg required.
- Experience in ICU, Emergency Department, Behavior Health and/or Maternity preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and in writing.
- Possesses basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work at both Manchester Memorial Hospital and Rockville General Hospital with the ability to cross-campuses mid-shift if required based on staffing needs.
- Employee must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and have access to reliable transportation to travel between multiple work sites in order to perform essential duties. Proof of valid driver license, current auto insurance identification card covering State minimums, current vehicle registration and a driving record free of any major violations is required.
- May be required to float to all hospital units based upon staffing needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- Performs population-specific comprehensive assessments and re-assessments of the patient's condition and care needs including the psychosocial, physical, educational and cultural aspects.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, including adolescent, adult and geriatric population, and the skills necessary to provide age-appropriate care to patients served. Able to interpret data about the patient status in order to identify each patient's age-specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Assesses and reassesses pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management tools and techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management. Documentation reflects assessments, interventions and evaluation of effectiveness.
- Develops and revises individualized plans of care as indicated by assessment and patient response to treatment. Evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness. Involves the patient and family in the formulation of goals.
- Follows the seven (7) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors. Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient outcomes. Adheres to and practices safety behaviors (CHAMP).
- Documents the nursing process and responses to care in a timely manner utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations. Utilizes critical thinking skills and sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
- Formulates and implements a teaching plan for patients and families based upon identified learning needs. Evaluates effectiveness of learning.
- Demonstrates autonomous practice, consistent with evidence-based standards. Pursues personal and professional growth and development. Serves as a professional role model and mentor.
- Provides an accurate and pertinent report of the patient's condition for safe transfer of care.
- Promotes and participates in quality improvement initiatives related to patient experience quality and safety. Possess the flexibility to float between Manchester Memorial and Rockville General Hospitals.