- Sign-on bonus: $4,800.00 Based on Eligibility
- Department: Recovery - PACU
- Schedule: Rotating 8-hour shifts Monday - Friday. Night, weekend and holiday on call requirements per unit rotation.
- Hospital: Borgess Medical Center
- Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics. Responsibilities
Provide professional nursing care within Borgess Medical Center. The practice of professional nursing is the systematic application of specialized knowledge and skill, derived from the biological, physical, and behavioral sciences to the care, treatment, counsel and health teaching of individuals who are experiencing changes in normal health processes or who require assistance in the maintenance of health and the prevention or management of illness, injury or disability and demonstrates this through the application of the Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and Standards of Professional Performance defined by the American Nurses Association. Recognize that each patient is an unique individual and has the right to quality nursing care that ensures mutual goal setting between the Registered Nurse and the patient and assure patient rights and privacy are protected. Recognizing personal, interpersonal, and social systems, the nursing process facilitates the promotion, maintenance and restoration of an individuals health, incorporating knowledge of growth and development through the life span.
- In collaboration with the patient and/or family, and healthcare team, participate in open discussion to identify mutual goals based on the nursing assessment and nursing diagnosis.
- Diagnose, treat and evaluate the human response to actual or potential health problems/needs.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the nursing plan of care and revise it as necessary.
- Assess, detect, monitor and attempt to prevent complications associated with health situations or treatment plans.
- Notify the physician of patient condition and response to nursing intervention appropriately and document this action.
- Insure that patients pain is assessed, treated, reassessed, documented and evaluated.
- Delegation to other licensed and unlicensed care providers based on clinical nursing judgment and skill of the care provider.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- The Registered Nurse must have an Associates of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS) Degree or Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) or RN Diploma at start date.
- BSN is required within six (6) years of start date. Incumbents hired into position prior to 1/1/2015 are grandfathered with their existing educational degrees.
- Critical Care experience required.
- PACU experience preferred. If no qualified applicants apply may be willing to consider applicants without experience.
Previous critical care experience required. Previous PACU experience is highly preferred.Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300 related healthcare facilities that together employ nearly 23,000 compassionate associates. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve throughout Michigan.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.