***Sign-On Bonus night shift 10K***
USPI Foundation Surgical Hospital of San Antonio is seeking a motivated Inpatient Nurse to join our team. Foundation Surgical Hospital of San Antonio the preferred facility for surgery in San Antonio. We boast state-of-the-art technology, the top surgeons and healthcare staff in our community. Our goal is to offer an extraordinary level of patient care and overall experience in the area. Our surgeon partners are renowned as the best in their field and are skilled in the latest surgical technologies.
Job Summary: The Inpatient Nurse has the responsibility to provide all nursing care services for the Inpatient Care Unit in a manner that is suitable to accepted standards of care Manages individualized, goal directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of professional practice in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assesses and diagnoses patient and family needs in order to provide quality care to assigned patients.
• Performs admission assessment in accordance with specific unit standards.
• Identifies and documents nursing diagnosis on patient's plan of care.
• Develops, discusses and communicates a realistic problem list (plan of care) in collaboration with each patient/family/significant other in order to address all identified needs.
• Plan of care will include nursing diagnosis statement for each identified problem.
• Develops patient/family/significant other teaching and discharge plan as per unit standard.
• Administers blood and blood products following hospital policy and procedures.
• Initiates and maintains IV access according to hospital policy and procedures.
• Assesses and documents IV site per unit standard.
• Identified problems, care provided, and patient's responses are reassessed in order to meet patient and family needs to ensure overall quality of care delivered.
• Reassessment of plan of care is done per unit standard.
• Assesses the patient's/significant other's response to teaching plan in order to evaluate its effectiveness.
• Based on reassessment, plan of care will remain the same or be modified to meet the patent's/significant other's identified needs.
• Documents outcome of patient care.
• Maintains up to date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the health care team, in order to ensure quality care.
• Nursing assessment is complete and accurate within per unit standard.
• Each identified problem must be addressed using P.I.E. format per unit standard.
• Day Surgery record/form accurately reflects nursing interventions and medical plan of care per unit standard.
• Flow sheets and I & O sheets must be accurate and signed with name and title each shift.
• Medication administration record must reflect full signature and title of nurse administering med, time given, reason for omission, and site for injection (if applicable).
• Discharge plan and documentation accurately reflects patient's and/or significant other's ability to manage care after discharge. Referrals are made based on identified needs.
• Documents use of narcotics according to hospital policy and procedure.
• Functions as a role model for current and new staff.
• Accepts assignment as preceptor for new staff.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Current Texas RN License
• BLS required, ACLS required within 90-days of hire
Specific Job Experience
• Minimum two (2) years' Med/Surg experience, hospital setting
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.