- Sign-on bonus: $10,000, $15,000
- Department: Med Surg Renal / Pulmonary
- Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift - 7 am - 7 pm
- Hospital: Ascension Sacred Heart Pensacola
- Location: Pensacola, FL
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics. Responsibilities
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart
Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date required. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Florida required. Credentialed from State Board of
Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained
prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing OR Required professional licensure at time of
No additional preferences.Why Join Our Team
Ascension Sacred Heart is a leading provider of high-quality healthcare to children and adults in South Alabama and Northwest Florida communities and operates Northwest Florida's only children's hospital. Our faith-based ministry offers caregivers the opportunity to flourish personally and professionally in a variety of specialties, including cardiology, brain and spine, pediatrics, women's health, orthopedics and cancer care.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.