- Department: Oncology
- Schedule: 8 hour days, Monday - Friday
- Facility: Ascension Sacred Heart Cancer Center
- Location: Lynn Haven, FL
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics. Responsibilities
Provide care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contribute to the assessment of patients and assure the well-being of patients.
- Administer medications and observe patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Perform laboratory tests and therapeutic services.
- Educate patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart
Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience,
No additional preferences.Why Join Our Team
Ascension Sacred Heart is a leading provider of high-quality healthcare to children and adults in South Alabama and Northwest Florida communities and operates Northwest Florida's only children's hospital. Our faith-based ministry offers caregivers the opportunity to flourish personally and professionally in a variety of specialties, including cardiology, brain and spine, pediatrics, women's health, orthopedics and cancer care.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.