How have YOU
impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health
our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.Eatontown Health and Wellness is a new state of the art medical facility that will provide high quality, convenient and easy access to all patient's health and wellness services under one roof. Offering access to urgent care, primary care physicians, specialty physicians, lab, and imaging services for patients in our communities.HMH is seeking customer service oriented individuals to provide clinical and administrative care and to create the best possible patient experience. The Health and Wellness Center will be a multispecailty experience for our patients and team members. We are creating a team approach for the entire center where all resources will be shared. Some of the services in the center will be:Primary CarePediatricsOBGYNBreast SurgeryMultispecialties Join the Hackensack Meridian Health and Wellness Center Team and be part of the magic of reimagined patient care.*The ideal candidate will have flexibility to work in any assigned practice location and work varied and rotating days/evening and weekends schedules
The Registered Nurse Non-Acute
functions as a caregiver for a specific patient population in order to achieve desired outcomes. This position focuses on expanding knowledge and skills, provides effective direct care as part of the interdisciplinary team to a variety of complex patients. This position directs and oversees the care provided by other caregivers through delegation, validation, evaluation, and coordination. This position effectively coordinates patient care/unit activities among nursing peers, physicians and support services.
A day in the life of a Registered Nirse Non Acute
at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or the situation.
- Performs age and disease specific assessment / data collection independently in a systematic manner focusing on physiologic, psychological and cognitive status.
- Recognizes clinical and diagnostic status changes in patient status.
- Identifies variables in patient/family education needs based on age, disease, and culturally specific learning differences.
- Develops a plan of care that prescribes strategies and interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Formulates age and disease specific patient / family centered goals / outcomes based on assessment data.
- Develops and coordinates a plan of care which is patient / family focused, prioritized and encompasses the continuum of care.
- Communicates, coordinates, and implements the plan of care.
- Provides ongoing communication with patient / family, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient's status, rendered care and treatment plans.
- Implements age and disease specific care in an organized and timely manner.
- Provides or coordinates the patient / family education as needed and ensures understanding.
- Performs according to established protocols in clinical situations, including communicating with appropriate persons and documenting events.
- Provides nursing care and treatments that reflect the patients' needs, advocates appropriately and demonstrates evidence-based nursing practice and compliance with standards.
- Performs continuous Point-of-Care electronic documentation of each individual patient¿s assessments, plan-of-care, interventions and evaluation of rendered care.
- Medication administration utilizing the newest advancements in bar-scanning and documentation technologies designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients.
- Multi-disciplinary discharging of patients to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills based on nursing knowledge to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Initiates interventions related to patient's change in condition and unexpected response to care.
- Identifies ethical issues in the practice setting and brings them to the attention of other team members.
- Recognizes and responds to opportunities to enhance patient satisfaction.
- Must acquire and maintain competencies, certifications and continuing education in order to meet any facility accreditation or individual licensing requirements.
- Adheres to American Nurses Association Code for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
- Lifts a minimum of 35 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational and Managerial competencies and standards of behavior.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
- BSN in progress and/or willing to acquire within three (3) years of hire. (Note this applies to team members hired on or after November 2019).
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
Licenses and Certifications Required
- National Certification in area of specialty preferred when eligible.
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
- BLS/CPR certification by American Heart Association is required within 60 days of hire. Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!