Job DescriptionWhy Mayo Clinic
Imagine yourself in a dynamic atmosphere where you'll work alongside world-renowned experts, learn new things every day, treat conditions that few medical professionals ever encounter, and have a vast range of career paths to choose from. Now imagine that in addition to all this, you have the chance to change lives every day. That's what it means to be a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant at Mayo Clinic.
Join the authority in medicine and partner with the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2022-2023), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, we believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes the practice of health care and inspires hope in the people who need it most. You will be part of an amazing diverse team committed to solving the most serious and complex medical challenges - one patient at a time.
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.Position description
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant has advanced health assessment and decision-making skills, prepared through a formal educational program that meets criteria established by the profession. Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants are certified by examination of an approved certifying body. This position will be supporting the outpatient clinic, surgical, and inpatient orthopedic management.
This individual works in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals to provide health care across the continuum of care for assigned patients. Provides primary health care and/or specialty-specific care to individuals and families. The provision of care includes, but is not limited to: comprehensive assessment, ordering, conducting and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescription of pharmacological agents and treatments, and non-pharmacological therapies. Nurse Practitioners: Teaching and counseling individuals, families, and groups are an important part of the Nurse Practitioner's practice. Physician Assistants: Monitors the effectiveness of the therapeutic interventions. Makes appropriate referrals. Performs minor procedures as approved by the AZ Regulatory Board of Physician Assistants.
This individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span. The ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient's age-specific needs is required. The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant demonstrates leadership through involvement on committees and team projects, education, and research and actively seeks to improve the practice through performance improvement initiatives. Active in professional organizations and participates in community activities. The American Nurses Association (ANA) Nursing: Scope and Standards of Advanced Practice Registered Nursing, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, Rules of the Arizona State Board of Nursing are the basis for practice.QualificationsNurse Practitioner:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- Master of Science in Nursing required.
- Must be licensed or eligible to practice as an CNP in the State of Arizona. Must have national certification.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- NCCPA certification required.
- Must be licensed/certified or eligible to practice as PA in the State of Arizona.
License or certification
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff needs.
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Two to five years of clinical experience preferred.
- Primary care, acute care, and/or surgical experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills in an Electronic Medical Record preferred.
- Must have Arizona licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant under the supervision of a Mayo Clinic physician upon hire.
- Maintains prescribing and dispensing privileges in Arizona.
- Must provide evidence of application for DEA certificate upon hire, obtain DEA certificate within 90 days of hire, and maintain certificate thereafter unless waived by department/division.
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date. Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency. Only acceptable certification is from American Heart Association or Red Cross.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.Benefits eligible
Full TimeHours / Pay period
This position requires occasional weeknight call.Weekend schedule
This position requires rotating weekend call.International Assignment
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.Recruiter
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.