Job DescriptionWhy Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you'll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you'll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!Position descriptionAll newly graduated Registered Nurses with less than 12 months of practice experience, hired into a scheduled FTE Registered Nurse position are automatically enrolled in the Nurse Residency Program. A separate application or enrollment process is not required. All nurses new to Mayo Clinic, regardless of experience, will receive an extensive orientation program.
The registered nurse (RN):
This role is eligible for TN sponsorship. Holders of F1 status eligible for post-completion OPT are welcome to apply. This role is NOT eligible to participate in the F-1 STEM OPT extension program. Successful sponsorship will require state licensure and completion of the VisaScreen or equivalent certification.Qualifications
- is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care.
- supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- will function within the Mayo Nursing Care Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients. The ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for the practice of the RN.
- provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts.
- delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources.
- possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or projects.
Student or graduate of a nursing program.
All entry-level associate degree registered nurses with a RN start date of April 1, 2020 and after must provide documented evidence of program completion of their baccalaureate degree in nursing within five years from the last day of the month of their RN start date.
All entry-level associate degree registered nurses with a RN start date prior to April 1, 2020 must provide documented evidence of program completion of their baccalaureate degree in nursing program as stipulated by the degree requirement program in place at time of hire.Additional qualifications
One year RN experience within the last five years preferred.License or certification
Current RN license by applicable state requirements.
Maintains BLS (Basic Life Support) for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
1. American Heart Association
2. American Red CrossExemption status
Minimum rate is $35.74 based upon union contract.Benefits eligible
Supplemental/On-call/Per DiemHours / Pay period
Supplemental / On CallSchedule details
Supplemental/Oncall. Weekend schedule
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.