The Yale School of Medicine is seeking an outstanding candidate to serve as the next Chief of General Pediatrics. This is a wonderful opportunity to work within the Primary Care Centers at both the New Haven and Bridgeport Campuses of the Yale-New Haven Children’s Hospital by leading a team of 29 outstanding faculty members in the mission of delivering the highest quality care to patients and their families. The new Chief will be responsible for building robust programs in research, education, and quality improvement.
- The candidate must have a record of leadership in the development of clinical services, expertise in the management of outpatient pediatric patients, and excellence in educational contributions, scholarly accomplishments, and mentoring.
- The successful candidate will have a dynamic personality, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated commitment to a culture of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
- A track record of scholarship is required.
- The full-time academic appointment for this position will be at the Associate Professor or Professor level at the Yale School of Medicine, depending on the applicant’s qualifications.
The Yale School of Medicine is one of the world’s leading centers for biomedical research advanced clinical care and medical education. It ranks seventh among medical schools receiving funds from the NIH. More than 1,800 Yale Medicine physicians provide care to patients from across the region and around the world. The Yale system of medical education, with its emphasis on critical thinking and independent student research, has produced leaders in every field of academic medicine.
- Located alongside the Long Island Sound, New Haven Connecticut is a charming community offering a remarkable quality of life for all of its residents
- Four distinct seasons and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, including swimming, sailing, skating, hiking, biking, and golfing
- Excellent public and private schools as well as local colleges and universities
- Convenient access to New York City, Boston, and Providence
- Ranked #15 by Niche in “Most Diverse Cities in America”
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact David King at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-826-1217 and reference PED-133658